Friday, May 12, 2006

Find Me in Da Club

Joining a club is a great way to meet people who have the same interests and hobbies as you. I've been a part of a Chess Club, Computer Club, and a Movie Club. I also recently joined a Book Club, and even though I'm one of only three people who actually reads the book each month, I am still having a good time. In high school I was in a Debate Club, where we basically just threw books and chairs at each other.

But recently when I joined the "Hair Club for Men" I discovered that it is not comprised of "Hair Enthusiasts" as seems logical, but is mostly made up of bald men. I also discovered that most of the men in the club do not enjoy talking about types of hair other than Head Hair. After bringing up Back Hair, Ear Hair, Nose Hair, and Eyebrows, I received little to no feedback. My talk of Mustaches and Beards left a lot to be desired. I also found out that most of these men do not enjoy my poining out their baldness. Can you believe it!?!

I think we should have standards in this country, and if you want to be in a club you should at least take an interest in the core topic of the club.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a former "man of hair", I declined an offer to join this so called "Hair Club". I was very distured that a bunch of bald men would sit around and talk about head hair, which we knew we were all lacking. Personally I enjoy discussing my nose hair and back hair, I mean who doesn't? And lately, i have much more of it. But if any of you are looking for a really awesome club, I was thinking of starting a "Gangsta Club" for the "Gangsta's" out there. I would like to nominate the great C-Bank for president.

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me what the hell is this rotary club all about? Really, rotaries?

Aaron said...

I've often wondered the same thing about the rotary club. I figured it was a bunch of elderly women discussing the use of their rotary phones.

Van said...

I too was disappointed when I joined hair club for men...I didn't join under false pretenses...I mean I knew it was to provide support for men with follicle disorders, but they were only concerned with the follicles on my head. My disorder has to do with the follicles located on a different part on my body (my frank and beans don't have a blanket). What kind of support club is it that literally throws you out on the street?!? I mean, hey - you asked to see didn't you!!! Hair Club for men can kiss my ass and my bare tea-bag!!! Bastards...