Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm Not Taking This Sitting Down

I hurt my back getting up from my "favorite seat" at my parents' house. It wouldn't be so bad if I had hurt it while doing something useful, like lifting heavy objects or making a baby.

I blame half of it on Tulane because I had to sit on bleacher seats for 6 hours while attending my brother's graduation ceremony, and the other half on my parents' weak back genes. And in an age where we lack personal responsibility, I feel sure that I can sue either Tulane, American Standard, or my family for my pain.

But things could be worse. On my way home from Lafayette, my wife and I passed a horrendous wreck on I-10, right off the Atchafalaya Basin. A truck going Eastbound ran off the road, smashing through a car on the Westbound lane. Two people died, and several smaller wrecks occurred.

So I wish everyone at work a great day. I hope you and your family are safe. I hope you made the most of Mother's Day. Remember to avoid the decaf, forget about the middle stall in the restrooms, and most of all, remember to stock up on BenGay patches.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Geez had to take a sick day because your back hurt! Need to get you some ointment!