Friday, July 28, 2006

Consultant Apprentice

Monday I'm going to a training class on how to be a consultant. This is a very good career move for me, as I've always wanted to consult; doing actual work really blows. But seriously, the consultants that we work with are, for the most part, incredibly knowledgeable (that means "smart"), and I want to be smart as well.

Better yet, I'd rather the appearance of being smart. You tell somebody you are a computer programmer, and they say, "I hate computers! How can you sit in front of a computer all day? You must have no soul!" But tell the same people that you are a consultant, and they will give you money straight from their wallets, no questions asked.

I worked out a proof, dealing with time, money and consulting. Basically, since Time equals Money, and Consultants make a lot of Money, that means that Consultants make a lot of Time. It's like e = mc squared but better, as no relativity is involved. Just call me Einstein, Jr. Better yet, call me Einstein, Jr., Consultant, and pay me please.

No comments: