Thursday, July 06, 2006

Putting the NY in BR

Part of the fun of any vacation is to experience a new culture, and one of New York's cultural hallmarks is its food. From H & H Bagels to John's Pizzeria, and from Hebrew Nation's kosher hot dogs at Yankee Stadium to Di Palo's Cheese Shop in Little Italy, eating in NYC is definitely an experience in and of itself, so much so that the city is nicknamed "the Big Apple."

And if there's one thing that New York and Louisiana have in common, besides high rates of murder, HIV and poverty, it's a love for good food.

One of my problems with Baton Rouge is that, well, basically Baton Rouge sucks. But maybe I haven't been trying hard enough to find the best of the best. That is about to change.

As of this moment, I'm starting a new food club. Once a week we will go to a new restaurant and sample many different foods. We will talk, dance, and run for our lives when the bill comes. It'll be just like New York! We'll probably end up posting a destination and a time on the blog, and if you want to show up, we'll be happy to have you!

4 comments:

Beav said...

OK, Lafayette boy, I agree that Baton Rouge may not be New Yawwwk, but BR doesn't suck. There are plenty of good dives to hit, but you got to hit them right. With the new arrival coming, I doubt I would be able to make it to many eat outs, but I'd be willing to give up some of my fav's.

Bobby said...

I need definite, personal proof that BR is somewhat fun. If you have any suggestions, let us know... if they're good, I'll bring you and the ladies back something.

URFager said...

The best food in BR is the Polish Dog at Dervwenlswitzel's (sp) after about 12 Bud Light beers.

The End...

Bobby said...

I hear the Taco Bell on College is rockin: they use Grade D meat - a step above the rest!