Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Redneck Battle Bots

If you've ever been to a cock fight then you know how awesome they are. A cock fight is where some rednecks get together and put spikes, knives and fake teeth on some roosters and let them kill each other. I've never been to one, but I'm sure it's very humane.

But as a tech nerd, my natural instinct is to be drawn more to Battle Bots, where a couple of uber-nerds create a remote-controlled fighting machine then try to destroy each other's creations. Some Battle Bots have saws, hammers, flames and tetanus, while others have flipping devices, crushers and depressed personalities.

But since I couldn't figure out which sport I loved more, I decided to combine them and create a new sport:

Redneck Battle Bots.

Here's how it works: You find a rooster, tape it to a remote-control Tonka Truck, add some spikes, flares or seasoning to it, then let it loose! Then you just see how many other roosters you can force it to destroy in ten minutes. But I must warn you, the Tanory Tantrum Battle Cock is fierce!

No comments: