Thursday, September 07, 2006

And So It Begins

I hate to say "I told you so," but it all happened as I predicted: Etiquette has once again tarnished the reputation of a fine, outstanding citizen.

If Katie Couric would have read last week's Tanory Tantrum on Etiquette, she whould have known how rabid these Etiquette fascists get once Autumn rolls around. So just what faux pas did Madame Couric incur?

Some would say the worst of the lot: wearing white after Labor Day.

I know, I know, I feel the same way that you do - I will never again watch Katie Couric. If she can't get her crap straight on her first night after having so much time to prepare, how can we trust her to broadcast the news? I mean, if she can't even dress herself according to society's standards, then she's just a good-for-nothing, hot-legged woman with a white jacket and a lot of money! Who needs all that baggage?

In reality, Couric shouldn't shoulder all of the blame. It all comes down to economics. Some retailer tried to dump all of their end-of-season Whites in order to obtain higher third quarter profits, and Couric just got caught in the crossfire after her stylist threw an Etiquette Grenade down her pants.

I say we give her another chance to prove herself worthy by wearing something off-white. We know you can do it, Katie!

No comments: