Thursday, January 24, 2008

Paint It Black

Saturday we're going to paint the baby's room. Since we don't know the gender of the baby we're just going to paint the room a light green. I wanted to paint a big solar system with various colors and paint textures, but Betty said no because the color of Saturn's rings wouldn't match the baby bedding.

I assumed at this point that she also vetoed the solar system baby bedding. Bummer!

So Wednesday night we wiped down the walls with soap and water. Who knew how effective soap and water is at getting rid of dirt?! Maybe I should start showering again instead of just dousing myself with cologne and rubbing deodorant on my armpits and feet.

I've never painted an entire room before. My last experience with paint was when I painted some boards that we used for shelves in our pantry. During that painting adventure, bugs got stuck in the paint and my wife got mad at me for simply painting over them.

[Picture: Testing the wood for durability before using them as my shelves.]

Hopefully I will do a great job painting so that my baby will enjoy his or her room, but won't do such a wonderful job that my wife expects me to paint more of the house. Wish me luck!

No comments: