Friday, March 07, 2008

Baby T's Greatest Hits

Since we're not finding out the gender of our baby, and since everything we've got for the baby is neutral colors, my family has started calling the baby Knüt, as in "Neutral." (Betty's family calls the baby Plaxico - long story.)

We just bought a new video camera and I'm trying to get the hang of it so that I'll be an expert cameraman when it comes time for Knüt's first steps and all of those other big moments.

I've decided to learn all I can about the camera by trying to make a compilation of my unborn child's "greatest hits." This montage video would include all of his or her biggest kicks, random turnings, and anything else that will make Momma's stomach look like an alien is about to spring out of her belly.

Well, things aren't going as expected. It looks like Knüt has stage fright. Anytime the camera turns towards Betty's belly, the baby takes a five minute break from dancing around in there. So far the video is pretty boring, unless you're into close-ups of non-moving belly buttons. For the record, I think belly buttons are totally awesome.

I'm not sure how to stimulate my child into kick-boxing Mom's insides so I can get a good video of it. All I know is that this shyness definitely doesn't come from my side of the family.

No comments: