Sunday, March 30, 2008

Daddy Wear

I'm going to be a dad in a few weeks - maybe sooner - and that means I have to start dressing like a dad. From here on out, I should be wearing enough mismatched clothing to make everyone on my block grimace when I go outside to check the mail, get the paper or yell at kids to get off my lawn.

I began my journey of finding the appropriate "Daddy Wear" today while grilling up some steaks. I wore a red shirt open over my white undershirt, blue shorts, brown socks and tennis shoes. Tomorrow I'm planning on working on the yard with just overalls and loafers.

My dad perfected "Daddy Wear" a long time ago. His fatherly style involves tucking a Polo into sweatpants. Not only does it look comfortable, but it usually looks pretty good as well. He's my mentor!

Love ya, Pop!

If you have any ideas on how I can dress for success as a dad, please leave me a comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From what I've seen, Hawaiian button up shirts with matching Italian leather shoes (in every color of the rainbow) tends to be good Dad-wear. Although not necessarily mismatched, the two make quite the striking combo.

Shoutout to Big Jim!

Much love,
-Ebifaliz


P.S. So glad I got to see ya'll this weekend! Ya'll are the best. In case you haven't heard the news, the Tigers drowned in the Green Wave...

Bobby said...

Congratulations, eBif! We had a great time and are so glad we got to see everybody. Sorry we couldn't stay for the big game. Next time you play at the P-Mac I'll try not wear neutral colors instead of my incredibly awesome LSU colors.