Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Davidson Wildcats

I can watch any sport between any two teams as long as it's a good game. Baseball, basketball, football, poker, cricket, and street dancing, they're all the same: the better the teams, the more at stake, the better the game. (Hot cheerleaders make the game more enjoyable as well.)

Speaking of good teams, I've been reading about this little school from North Carolina named Davidson that put the stank on Gonzaga, Georgetown and then Wisconsin in the NCAA tournament. I figured this Davidson team was really something special and wanted to watch them play at least one game. So I'm currently watching the Davidson Wildcats play the Kansas Dusts in the Wind in the Elite 8, and man is this is great game!

In fact, this is one of the best games I've watched in a long, long time. Davidson's Stephen Curry is a fantastic player. I keep yelling, "I'm so excited!" and am waking Betty up, which is why I've been confined to the computer room and am writing my blog right now - I'm banned from the living room while Betty naps.

You might be asking yourself, "How can anyone, even an 8.5 months preggers, sleep when such a great game is going on?!" Well, currently it's half time. I'm sure she'll wake up after I start screaming and hollering during the second half.

Go Davidson!

(Update: Davidson lost, but had a chance to tie or win the game at the very end. That in itself says a lot about this game. Congratulations on a great season, guys!)

No comments: