Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Songs for the Whole Family

I like to sing. Singing accomplishes two things: it helps me to release my pent-up energy, and it aggravates the living daylights out of everyone on my block.

I sing to Anne a lot, and the song I sing depends on what we're doing at the time.

For instance, if I'm rocking her or if she's in her rocker, then I sing Twisted Sister's "I Wanna Rock!" If I'm waking her up so she can eat after a good night's sleep, I sing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" from the musical Oklahoma, and yes I hit every note (well, the minor or sharp of every note anyway).

If I'm moving her legs around in the "bicycle" formation - which helps with gas as well as avoiding doody explosions - I sing Queen's "Bicycle Race." And when I'm giving her a bath I sing the German techno version of "Rubber Ducky."

Macht's gut und danke für den Fisch!

What songs do you sing to your chilluns and why?

1 comment:

Zachariah said...

I sometimes sing to other people's children. Talk about messes with people's heads in supermarkets and other public places.