Friday, April 25, 2008

Soothing Sounds from the Wii

Here's an interesting factoid: babies remember sounds heard in the womb.

In fact, babies remember the songs you played while pregnant so well that if they hear a song after birth then they'll stop and listen. So one good way to soothe a crying baby is to play whatever music you listened to while you or your partner were preggers.

Now, you might remember that I played Guitar Hero III for the Wii all throughout Betty's pregnancy. Well guess what?!

Yes, it's true: when Anne is crying and having a fit where nothing can soothe her, all I need to do is turn on the Wii, turn it up to eleven and rock my friggin ass off. She remembers all the songs! They soothe her! Now I have an actual reason to play Guitar Hero III other than for pure entertainment!

The only problem is that Anne demands perfection. I play on Expert (cough cough), which can be tough at times. If I miss a note then the music stops for a beat or two, and then Anne starts crying. So unless I play like my life depends on it then it's all for naught.

That's why you need to tell Betty that I need to practice more often, so I can be better, and so Anne won't cry. It's not for me... it's for the baby.

No comments: