Wednesday, May 21, 2008

American Idol Totally Screwed Me

My wife and I bet on who would win American Idol. I thought David Archuleta would win, and Betty was pulling for David Cook.

To make the bet interesting, we each named one thing that we would like if we won. Betty chose a solitary nap. I chose something similar to a nap, but involving less sleeping and more friction.

Damn you, Archuleta! How could you let me down like this?!?

Of course, had I paid a little more attention to the finale then I would have noticed that all of the signs were in Betty's favor. Just take the first round's songs: David Cook started out with U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." Yeah, me neither, thanks to you, asshole! Then Archuleta countered with "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me." Italics can be fun.

My wife is now gloating about her nap, but I demand a recount. All hanging chads will be reviewed for accuracy. Text the word "VOTE" to 55378008 to vote for me.

No comments: