Friday, July 11, 2008

Cow Appreciation Day

Friday was Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A, which meant you got free food if you dressed as a cow. And as you all probably know by now, I always have my cow outfit ready to go in a moment's notice. So it was off to Chick-fil-A!

[Picture: Like father like daughter.]

My daughter Anne dressed as a calf, and since she technically can only eat via Mommy's happy fun bags, the Chick-fil-A on Siegen Lane gave Betty free food, too, so it could eventually make its way to Annie!

[Picture: Mini-Moo.]

We weren't the first cows on the farm, though. Another person beat us to the punch, but Betty cow-tipped her when she least suspected it. We then swooped in ahead of the herd.

The folks at Chick-fil-A took our picture. They especially loved Anne's outfit. They weren't so keen on me setting up an electric fence to keep other cows out, though.

[Picture: On location with the cows.]

Later that day I appeared in my I Love Ground Chuck shirt and sent Chick-fil-A into a wild panic. Fear me, domesticated ungulates! Bwahaha!

[Picture: I Love Ground Chuck - the shirt!]

So thanks, Chick-fil-A, for the free food! Hopefully next year more people will show their appreciation for cows by dressing up on this festivus miracle of all days.

Also, thanks to our good friend Jennifer R. for alerting us to Cow Appreciation Day! Jennifer, as my way of saying "Thank You," you get one free tug on the udders.

2 comments:

Sydney said...

This is hilarious! Allison has been telling me that I should read your blog, and I did, one day a while back, but I lost touch with it because I'm a slacker. Anyway, You are hilarious and I can't wait to read more!

Bobby said...

Thanks! Always nice to hear from new readers!