Friday, August 15, 2008

Casual Friday

I don't mind wearing long sleeve shirts, pants and my business-casual Underoos every Monday thru Thursday. But there's just something about Casual Friday that relaxes me and helps me to get more work done.

That's why I think I'm going to take Casual Fridays to a whole new level.

My first action item is to bring my Laz-E Boy to work with me. I have a laptop at work so there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to prop my legs up and code from a comfortable position. As a bonus, my lounge chair will take up so much space that visitors won't feel the need to enter my cubicle.

My second action item is to wear my robe to work. When I'm being casual, I like to be really casual. Pants are a drag, man.

Third, I'm no longer going to attend any meetings on Friday, especially if the meeting is at 4 pm (you know who you are). From now on, all meetings on Friday will be done via Instant Messenger, and all meetings will end before noon.

Last, team members not participating in Casual Friday will be ostracized from the group. The last thing I need is for my Mojo to be ruined by someone who enjoys wearing ties.

If you have any suggestions on how to take Casual Friday to a whole new level, please drop me a line.

No comments: