Friday, August 15, 2008

JavaScript Judo Chop

A few days ago I wrote about how cool it would be if programming books had something useful on their covers, like Godzilla biting the head off of one of the book's authors. I think we can all agree that my idea is totally awesome.

So I'm happy to say that, in the 7 days since I wrote that piece, my idea has really taken off. Just look at the latest company that I've heavily influenced: Manning Publications Company.

Manning Publications Co. (no relation to Peyton and Eli) published Secrets of the JavaScript Ninja by John Resig (the JavaScript Evangelist for the Mozilla Corporation). Not only is this book educational, but the cover is the most bad-ass JavaScript book cover in the entire history of JavaScript book covers. And that's saying a lot, since it has to compete with this, this and this.

I give the cover for Secrets of the JavaScript Ninja a 7 out of 10. It would score more points if the ninja didn't look like a samurai and if the ninja's sword had blood on it. But it's still better than what we had before.

Keep up the good work.

No comments: