My family bets on everything - cards, sports, which line will move fastest at the grocery store... you name it, we bet on it.
Luckily for us, the 2008 Emmy Awards are on Sunday, and that gives us something to bet on. Keeping with the Tanory tradition, we will cast ballots and tally up points, and the results will be announced on Monday.
The winner gets to name his or her own prize, while the losers will be mercilessly vilified.
For my part, if I lose, I will write a blog about the victor, using the plot and characters of one of the Emmy nominees as my theme. If I win, I will declare myself King of the Tanory Clan for yet another year.
This bet isn't just open to the Tanory fam. If you want to play, and I encourage you to, here's all you need to do:
1. Download and/or print an official scorecard.
2. Fill it out in some form or another.
3. Let me know what your selections are, either by email, phone, or a comment on the blog.
4. Name whatever prize you'd like to win, if you do in fact win.
5. Check back on Monday for the results.
The Existential Terror of Battle Royale
5 weeks ago