Friday, July 10, 2009

Definitely, Maybe... or Maybe Not

Betty and I rented Definitely, Maybe from NetFlix. Betty said it was a chick flick, but I picked it anyway because it has Van Wilder in it.

I also picked it because I thought its soundtrack would solely consist of songs from Oasis's debut album, Definitely, Maybe. (Spoiler alert: it doesn't.)

What we got was a "1 Dude, 3 Women" version of Mamma, Mia!, but with less singing and dancing.

Now don't get me wrong - I haven't actually seen Mamma, Mia, because my manliness prevents from watching it. But I've heard enough about it to know that Definitely, Maybe is somewhat like it.

In fact, there even was a special offer around Mother's Day where Definitely, Maybe came in the same pack as Mamma, Mia. Coincidence? I think not!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the writer of Definitely, Maybe is a huge ABBA fan. But if only he or she were an Oasis fan... how things could have been different!

No comments: