Tuesday, September 15, 2009

HDTV: It's Better than Real Life

You might have noticed that I haven't been blogging quite as frequently this month. The reason is because I have a new HDTV, and I can't stop looking at it.

And I don't mean that as a figure of speech... I seriously can't look away. In comparison to my new TV, the real world looks so bleak, colorless and - dare I say it - analog.

And with college football on all day Saturday and pro football on Sunday and Monday, I have no reason to leave the couch for three days. This past weekend I resorted to wearing diapers so that I didn't have to leave my precious TV when I had to go to the bathroom.

Don't judge me until you've bought your own HDTV.

Of course, buying a new HDTV has a lot of extra costs associated with it. You can't just buy a new HDTV, plug the cable in and expect a great picture. You have to get an HD receiver. You also have to buy expensive cables to go from your receiver to your TV. You need HD channels, a Blu-Ray player (why not?) and as many other gadgets that you can fit into your newly bought TV stand, because that's just the way one buys a TV nowadays.

And since I'm completely useless, I had to pay someone else to put everything together for me.

(By the way, if you do buy a new Blu-Ray player, make sure it's wireless and can connect to your NetFlix queue. Yes, it's as awesome as it sounds.)

Basically, I've been like Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange undergoing the Ludovico Technique, except with me it's self-inflicted. And I wouldn't go back for anything!

[Picture: Me using the Ludovico Technique on myself]

No comments: