Monday, October 26, 2009

Monty Python's Flying Circus

One of my favorite comedy sketches is the Hungarian Phrase Book sketch by Monty Python because it includes my single favorite catch phrase of all time: "My nipples explode with delight!"



Every night this week I've been watching one of the 14 Monty Python Flying Circus DVDs that Betty bought me a few years ago. She's happy that I have something to keep me occupied at night, but not very happy that I've been jumping around corner yelling, "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" every few hours. Apparently it also scares Anne when I do that.

Last week Sirius satellite radio broadcast a full week of Monty Python Radio on channel 105. The Dead Parrot sketch, the Lumberjack Song, how to defend yourself against a person attacking you with fresh fruit... even the Ministry of Silly Walks sketch was funny over the radio. But nothing beats vegging out in front of the TV for 20+ hours watching nothing but grown men slap each other with fish.

Well, it's hard to explain. But if you love Monty Python then you already know what I mean.

No comments: