Sunday, December 13, 2009

Preggers!

It's official: Betty is preggers!

I would have told you all sooner had I known myself. But I only found out because Betty was trying to get out of giving me an extra "birthday present" and needed a good distraction.

(Note: She failed in her attempt - I still got to play Sudoku on my iPhone for another 10 minutes. What did you think I was talking about, anyway?)

Actually, Betty and I have been planning this for a while. Being a father has been the greatest experience of my life, so I figure that being a father of two will be twice as great. Plus I'll have more kids to do chores around the house. The only real question is how long should I wait before teaching my kids how to use the power drill?

As you would expect, Betty and I have been thinking of baby names. In my family I'm just "Bobby" but in my wife's family I'm "Bobby 2" because Betty has a brother named Bobby, and since he's older he gets to be "Bobby 1". But I thought that if I named a son after me - "Bobby II" instead of "Bobby, Jr." - then that would technically make me "Bobby I" and would therefore push the current "Bobby 1" to be "Bobby 3". It's the perfect crime!

Actually, instead of thinking up names, we're going to let the Tanory Tantrum readers name the baby for us. Just leave a name in the comments section and then vote for the one you want, and we'll name our kid whatever the readers decide.

The fine line: if you win the naming rights, you also have to pay child support for 18 years, plus college tuition to an Ivy League school.

Anne is going to make a great big sister. She's either going to be the dainty big sister who teaches her baby sister how to be a little princess, or she's going to beat the everlovin' crap out of her brother's friends. Anne doesn't take any crap from anybody.

Betty's pregnancy is the best present that anyone could ever give to me. We're excited, and you should be too, as a second child is going to give me a lot more to write about.

1 comment:

The Hubby said...

I still like Plaxico. It's worth Ivy League tuition. -MC