Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Year of the Shirt

A couple of years ago, my family decided to make presents for each other instead of buying gifts. At first we thought it would be hard to make something that everyone would like, but we all loved our gifts. That year started a great family tradition. That Christmas I got homemade pajama bottoms, a fake newspaper clipping with my picture on it, homemade hot chocolate, homemade coasters and my name made out of block letters. Betty and I made calendars that year, and we've done it every year since.

This year was the Year of the Shirt. Betty and I made homemade shirts for a lot of our family, mostly in effort to embarrass them. We even bestowed a shirt onto the newest member of the Tanory clan, John Robert - aka, John Bobby - aka, John Bobby Tanory.

[Picture: The newest Tanory]

We made my sister a shirt that said "Future Mrs. Robert" on the front. The back said, "But you can call me Mrs. Bob". (We call them the Bobs.)

[Picture: Mrs. Bob]

For both my dad and Betty's dad, we gave Baby Grand-daddy shirts. Now we'll see which one wears it to the hospital when the baby is born. Our dads compete for everything (or so my dad thinks), so we told them that we'll name the baby after the granddad who wears the shirt to the hospital, if it's a boy. The pressure's on!

[Picture: Will Jimmy win?]

I'm looking for my dad to try to sabotage Betty's dad's shirt. Although I guess he could always just order another one here.

[Picture: Or will Dicky Boy be the winner?]

If you got or received a great homemade gift, leave a comment and let me know what it was so that I can steal the idea for next year.

No comments: