Saturday, January 02, 2010

Par for the Course

Betty and I wanted to start the new year off with a smooch. Unfortunately, I had to work on New Year's day, so we ended up going to bed at 10:30. I might have gotten in a midnight groping, but everything is hazy from that night.

Since I was going to be at work, and since the LSU vs. Penn State football game was going to be on, I thought I'd show support for my team by wearing my new LSU golf pants that Santa brought me.

[Picture: Bob the Golfer]

Don't worry, they didn't violate my company's dress code policy.

Armed with my Nerf golf attachment for the Wii, I was going to bring one of Anne's plastic balls to work and play putt-putt at the office while everyone else worked. I was only going to be at work to monitor some new code we just deployed, so I figured that I'd have a lot of downtime.

[Picture: It's all in the hips!]

None of that really panned out, of course. Anne saw me with the Nerf golf club and went ballistic until I gave it to her, and then I didn't have anything to play golf with. But I did teach Anne the Happy Gilmore mantra: it's all in the hips.

[Picture: It's all in the hips]

So thanks again, Santa, for my awesome LSU golf pants! LSU might have lost to Penn State, but LSU's fans looked good doing it!

[Picture: Looking good, or good looking?]

No comments: