Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Throne Room

A man's home is his castle. And if I've learned anything from watching The Tudors on Showtime, besides the fact that King Henry VIII got it on with a lot of women, it's that every castle has a throne room.

A couple of years ago we received King and Queen plaques. We put them in our spare bedroom, which we called our Mardi Gras Room, because it had all kinds of Mardi Gras pictures, paintings and sculptures. But that room has been emptied so we can paint it, as that will now be Anne's room.

[Plaques adorn the Throne Room]

Which means we had to find a new home for the King and Queen plaques. I've always wanted to hang them up over the toilet, as that is the "throne" of our Tanory castle and always seemed to me to be the most obvious place to put them, but Betty vetoed me. But after years of wearing her down, I finally got my way.

Behold the Tanory Throne Room!

[The Throne Room!]

Our next additions to the bathroom will be a life-sized picture of me wearing a Tudor-inspired tunic, a place to put both my magazines and my royal scepter, and a large bejeweled goblet to use when rinsing my mouth after brushing my teeth.

No comments: