Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Bath Time!

Anne's going through a new phase... she doesn't like to bathe. What can I say, she's her father's child.

But tonight she kept saying, "It's hot!" over and over, when she hadn't even felt the water yet. It's like some previous bath experience has left her feeling hot and bothered. I tried to put her in the tub but she clung to me.

So I did the only logical thing I could think of: I took off my shoes, socks, shirt and pants (but kept on my undies and glasses) and hopped right in. The water was perfect!

Anne came right in after me.

We had a great time playing together. I washed her hair, then let her wash mine. I used a wash cloth to soap up, and she followed suit. We talked about each body part as we cleaned it - our shoulders, our arms, our elbows and toes. Then we played with her toys. Who knew bath time could be so much fun?!?

Then I screamed, "Floater!" repeatedly, as loud as I could, and Betty came running in. But I was just joking. Ha! Then I made her give me a sponge bath.

I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight, if anybody needs me.

Finally, both Annie and I dried off with her towels. I got to be the tiger tonight. Roar!

[Picture: The Afterbath!]

No comments: