New Orleans has been hit hard in recent years. First there was Hurricane Katrina, then the BP oil spill. And now, to top it all off, Microsoft TechEd comes to New Orleans.
Nerds invading New Orleans? Oh, the humanity!
What is TechEd? TechEd is the annual conference for software developers and IT professionals put on by Microsoft. It's a great place to learn about up-and-coming technologies, as well as pick up some cool swag.
If you're going to attend TechEd or just be in the New Orleans area this week, here are a few things to watch out for:
1. Steve Ballmer, Microsoft's CEO, dropping his famous mantra, "Developers! Developers! Developers!" in place of "Muffulettas! Muffulettas! Muffulettas!"
2. While walking in the French Quarter, Zain Naboulsi, Microsoft Evangelist and author the Visual Studio 2010 Tips and Tricks blog, is repeatedly asked to "show his tips!"
3. Microsoft to unveil that Silverlight 4.0 to be renamed Beignet 1.0.
4. Out on Bourbon, women asked to show their breasts for copies of Windows 7 instead of beads.
5. Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to donate $100 Million to help protect Gulf coast wildlife as well as buy a hand grenade from Tropical Isle for every TechEd attendee.
6. Dave Chappelle to make appearance at TechEd.
7. Windows Live Hotmail, previously named MSN Hotmail, to once again get a new name: Windows Live Gold Club.
8. The Hands-on Labs at TechEd will take place at several strip clubs on Bourbon.
9. All TechEd sessions to begin at 2 PM to allow attendees to recover from massive hangovers from previous night's partying.
10. Hustler Club sponsors TechEd, gives new meaning to "Hard Drive."
Hacker, Hack Thyself
4 months ago