Sunday, August 22, 2010

Gorge, Blaspheme, Hump

With the success of both the book and movie versions of Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love, I've decided to create my own memoir. It's called Gorge, Blaspheme, Hump.

I haven't read or seen Eat, Pray, Love, but here's what I know about it: a woman travels the world for a year after divorcing her husband, whom she was cheating on, and while traveling she eats in Italy, Prays in India, and falls in Love in Indonesia.

In my book, a man (me) gorges himself on food in Lafayette, Blasphemes in New Orleans, and encounters a camel with one massive Hump at the Baton Rouge Zoo.

I know what you're thinking: that must have been a really big hump on that camel to get mentioned in the title of the book. You betcha! Also, it's a euphemism for rubbing one's body sexually against another object, usually (but not limited to) a person of the opposite sex.

I thought of other titles, like "Starve, Believe in Nothing, Like" and "Sample, Question, Lust" but those titles didn't do as well in their marketing tests.

Julia Roberts stars in the movie version of Eat, Pray, Love. She's also been tapped to be in the movie based on my book as well. In the movie, she gets to play the camel. But don't worry, she still plays the love interest.

No comments: