Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Thunder from Down Under

I was in the kitchen yesterday when all of a sudden I heard what sounded like a thunderstorm inside my house. The room even shook a little.

I looked outside the window and the sky was blue. There was no rain at all. I doubted it was thunder... and yet, it sounded exactly like it.

Then I heard the sound again, but this time it sounded like it was coming right from under me. So I looked down, and found my son, Peter, laying in his bouncy seat.

With a huge smile on his face.

When babies smile it means one of two things: 1) they are happy, or 2) they have gas.

In Pete's case, he had just cut what must be the largest, longest toot of his life. It sounded so much like thunder that my daughter Annie even came running out of her room, saying, "Power go off! Power go off!" That's what she says now whenever it rains, because our power friggin always goes out.

"No, baby, the power didn't go off," I explained to Annie. "It's just that your brother just blew his bowels out of his butt."

Looking down at my son, I've never been so proud! Mark it on his baby calendar, August 19th, his first rolling thunder butt-splosion!

He may look like his mama, but he gets his rump trumpet from his old man!

No comments: