Friday, September 17, 2010

Super Foods

There are Super Foods in nature, like blueberries, broccoli, salmon and bacon cheeseburgers. Then there are Super Foods that are manufactured, like these 18" pizzas from Rotolos.

[Look at this huge pizza!]

Betty and I made the mistake of ordering two extra large pizzas from Rotolos while my parents were in town. We figured that there would be leftovers... but didn't figure that these pizzas would feed our family for an entire week. Each pizza is larger than both of our children combined.

[Pizza! Pizza!]

Those pizzas are large and in charge. And that got me thinking... what other kinds of huge foods are out there, waiting for me to eat them over the course of several days?

As luck would have it, there's a burger joint in Baton Rouge called Tramonte's that has a 32 ounce burger. That's two pounds of meat! I like big buns and I cannot lie, but there are no buns that can contain such large quantities of grilled meat. So Tramonte's puts their burgers on poboy bread.

[The Tramonte bacon burger]

Each quarter of that burger is enough to feed a single adult male. To give you some perspective on how big this thing actually is, here is my buddy Brannon acting as a Tramonte burger model.

[Brannon about to eat a Tramonte burger]

We've learned that there are at least two places in Baton Rouge that could feed your entire family with a single pizza or a single burger. And we've also learned that I'm only capable of eating three pieces of an 18" pizza from Rotolo's before I start getting the pizza sweats. And knowing is half the battle.

If you know of a super food in the Baton Rouge area, let's get together and go eat there so I can take a picture of you stuffing your face with a humongous serving of food and then post it on my blog.

No comments: