Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The 2011 Calendar

A few years ago my family decided to try making each other gifts. It's a tradition that I still keep up today, mostly because I'm cheap, but also because it's a lot of fun. Every year the calendar has a theme, and this year's theme was our children and the TV shows and movies that they watch.

I was a little late making the calendars this year, so I'm posting the pictures from the calendar on my blog so my family knows what they're getting.


January

January
Annie as Snow White, with me, my dad and my brother Todd as dwarfs. Todd gets to be Dopey.


February

Feb
My sister Rebecca and her husband John Bobby as Belle and the Beast. My sister-in-law Andrea as Angela Lansbury in teacup form, and my godchild Josh as Cogsworth


March

March
My parents, me and Betty, our son Peter and our niece Brooke as the Flintstones. Betty got to play the part of Betty.


April

April
Me and Pete in our Halloween outfits


May

May
Pete, Josh, Brooke and Annie as the Sesame Street characters. This one was by far my favorite!


June

June
John Bobby, my dad, Todd and me as the Imagination Movers. I think what this situation needs is some imagination!


July

July
Peter as Peter Pan (why not?!), Betty as Wendy, and my brother Todd as Tinker Bell. When Todd creates his own calendar then he can photoshop me however he wants. Until that day, I get to put him wherever I want!


August

August
Annie, Josh, Pete and Brooke as the Little Einsteins. And they really are little Einsteins!


September

Sept
Rebecca and John Bobby as the Princess and the Frog. Todd as the Shadow Man. This is one of my daughter's favorite shows - I wanted to add her into it but couldn't find a good place for her.


October

October
Annie as Cinderella. Her reflection in the pool is the real Cinderella. Annie really thinks she's a princess. This reminded me of that Star Wars poster where Anakin's shadow is the shadow of Darth Vader. (I call Annie Anakin a lot, so it's fitting.)


November

No! Vember!
Josh as Spider-Josh! Plus Brooke punching the Sandman into bits! Get'm Brooke!


December

December
My parents, Andrea and John Bobby as ballerinas. Todd and I are both down there as well. This didn't fit into the TV show / movie category, but I ran out of ideas.


There you have it. I've condensed several days' worth of work into one blog post. I hope my family enjoys them! I had a great time making them! Now my family needs to start making new babies so that I have some good source pics for next year's calendar!

No comments: