Monday, December 27, 2010

Toysplosion

Christmas was either a lot of fun, or Santa was mugged and his magic bag of presents taken back to my house. All I know is that there's been a toysplosion at my house! There are toys everywhere!

This year we had two little munchkins to enjoy Christmas. My daughter Anne is 2 years 8 months old, and seeing Christmas through her eyes was magical. She was hilarious playing with her new toys! She'd open one package, play with the toy for a while, then open another package.

When I was a kid, I'd open all of my presents at the same time. I'd rip everything open at once, barely glancing at what it was except to yell, "Cool!" before starting in on another package. Sometime I'd open other people's presents.

Peter enjoyed Christmas as well. He enjoyed opening packages, then eating the packages. And the paper. And the toys. And basically anything he could slobber on. He's teething, so the chewier the toy, the better.

I can't really say what any of my gifts are, because my brother hasn't opened all of his gifts yet. But needless to say, he'll thoroughly enjoy them, or I'll thoroughly enjoy them for him, since I love all of my presents.

The best present of all was spending time with the family. But the second best present was something incredibly awesome that I can't tell you about until my brother opens his gifts.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy Christmas. I'm already looking forward to next year, when both of my kids will be old enough to enjoy it.

No comments: