Saturday, January 01, 2011

And So It Begins

Thank God that 2010 is over.

Sure, there were some GREAT things that happened in 2010: My son Peter was born, my sister got married, and I got my first gray hairs and nobody noticed.

But there were just so many bad things that happened, it's hard to be upbeat about 2010. There was the recession, the BP oil spill, the earthquake in Haiti, TSA gropings (if you don't like that kind of thing), Peter going to the NICU, and Betty's kidney stones.

Hopefully 2011 is a much better year. And so far it looks like it's shaping up to be a great one. We have a lot of fun things to look forward to: Betty turning 21 for the 10th time, our trip to Disney for Anne's birthday, Peter turning one, and of course my new flock of gray hair will make me look very mature. All great things!

Plus, I've already moved a bunch of stuff up into the attic, and Betty has promised me that I won't have to go up into the attic again for a few months.

Jackpot!

(It's the small things that make me happy.)

Moving stuff up into the attic was part of my New Year's Resolution. In broader terms, one of my resolutions is to do all of the stuff that I put on my To Do list. In addition to Operation Attic, I also just bought Carbonite backup for my computer, since that's been on my To Do list for several months now.

Next on my To Do List?

World Domination!

No comments: