Sunday, January 02, 2011

Stutter Step

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to do the things that I've always wanted to do. And I've always wanted to write about my stuttering, in case anyone who stutters wants to read about an incredibly handsome, talented and successful (and did I mention handsome?) person who just happens to stutter.

So I've started a new blog called Stutter Step. I hope to update it once a week or so. I don't expect that most people who read this blog will be interested in Stutter Step, but if you have a friend or family member who stutters, please send them the following link:

http://stutterstep.blogspot.com/

My goal is to engage other stutterers online so we can have a discussion about our hopes and fears. I don't really want to talk about how to stop stuttering or what "cures" are out there for it. I just want to talk about how stuttering affects me on a day-to-day basis, so younger people can at least see that stuttering shouldn't stop them in their tracks.

Thanks again to all of my friends and family who have been so patient with me over the years. I absolutely hate to listen to myself on tape or see myself talk on video. So I sincerely thank everyone out there who listens to me and hears what I'm trying to say and not necessarily how I say it.

No comments: