Saturday, June 11, 2011

World's Greatest Dad

With Father's Day fast approaching, and with my father's birthday having just come and gone, I'm inspired to write about the world's best dad:

Me.

Just joking! Actually, it's my dad.

My father is the world's greatest dad for various reasons. First, he's my father, and I'm incredible, so let's assume that half of my genes came from him. For the purposes of this blog, I'll call my dad "Mr. Incredible" and will even go so far as to say that my entire family is amazing, since we all share his genetic makeup.

[Picture: The Incredible Tanory Family]

The second reason why he's the world's best dad is because he always made every event for his kids. He was at every soccer game, coached baseball, made every school function... nothing stopped him from being there for us. I hope to be as present in my kids' lives as he's been in mind. That's a tall order.

So the next time you see someone with a "World's Greatest Dad" or "World's Best Dad" shirt, tie or mug, make sure to tell him that he may be the best father in his county, parish or municipality, but definitely not in the world. That title belongs to Richard Tanory. All other fathers, however great and wonderful they are, rank third or lower. (I'm #2, obviously.)

Dad, by the way, this blog post counts as both your Father's Day and birthday gifts. So I hope you like it - because if not, I'll blame my lack of getting you presents on not being raised right, and that would degrade you World's Best Dad status.

No comments: