Saturday, August 06, 2011

Training Camp

The NFL season is back on thanks to a deal between the owners and the players association, and you know what that means:

Fantasy football is back on!

Last season I came in 15th out of 16th. That flat out sucks. But I did beat my brother, so what's more shameful: Coming in 15th out of 16th, or losing to the person who came in 15th out of 16th?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Since our preseason was cut short due to the lockout, I really have to work extra hard to get myself in shape. So this preseason I've been lifting weights, doing more push-ups and sit-ups, and have even taken part in several mock drafts on the Yahoo! Sports website. And as usual, I'm listening to Sirius-XM NFL Radio pretty much non-stop.

I've also been watching shows like The League to get me in the right frame of mind. If you don't know what The League is, it's a TV show about a group of friends who play fantasy football, and it's hilarious. Get it on Netflix Instant and watch it while your kids are not around. Your wife will probably want to be excused from watching it as well.

I also watched Slap Shot recently. It has nothing to do with football (it's a hockey movie) but it's great, and you should also rent it from Netflix Instant, and also watch it without your wife and kids.

Tune in later in the season as the official Tantrum Sports Commentator will give you the play-by-play analysis of me trying to trade players the week before I play my brother. We'll also have a live feed at my parents' house after the game the week I play my dad's team so you can hear my dad sob about how he won't make the playoffs after I cream him.

No comments: