Sunday, October 09, 2011

Fantasy Football 2012: My All White Team

I know we're still in the early weeks of the 2011 fantasy football season, but I'm already looking ahead to next year.  And I've decided that, since I'll probably lose anyway, I might as well try to make an "all white" team.

Consider it a thought experiment.

Now I know what you're thinking:  Are there enough white people playing in the NFL to even make up a fantasy football team? The answer is yes, as long as you limit your league's team makeup to be just a quarterback, 3 wide receivers, 2 running backs, a tight end, a defensive player, a team defense and 4 bench spots (which just so happens to be my league's makeup).

Here's what I've got so far.  You tell me who I should add to this list.  Note that I can't remove anyone because there just aren't enough good whities to go around, and many of these guys will get drafted before I can take them.  I'm also listing all players that I'm willing to consider in order of preference, so you'll see multiple players listed for the same position even if I can't use all of them.

QB (1):
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Peyton Manning
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Philip Rivers
Matt Ryan
Matt Schaub
Matt Hasselbeck
Tony Romo

WR (3):
Wes Welker
Miles Austin - I think he's half white or something, so I could use him for half the season.
Roddy White - Sure, his skin is black, but his last name is White.  It counts!
Jordy Nelson
Austin Collie
Brian Hartline
Kevin Walter

RB (2):
Peyton Hillis
John Kuhn
Jacob Hester

TE (1):
Jimmy Graham
Anthony Hernandez
Rob Gronkowski
Owen Daniels
Dallas Clark
Jason Witten
Scott Chandler
Jeremy Shockey
Chris Cooley

D (1):
Brian Urlacher
Clay Matthews
Pat Angerer
A.J. Hawk

K (1):
All the kickers are white, I think, so it really doesn't matter.

DEF (1):
Defense is a mix.  Whichever is the whitest, I guess.

I won't attempt to create my "all white" team this year, because I want to actually win a game or two.  By the way, I've won three games in a row, and the team I'm playing next year is stacked with wide receivers but they're all on a bye week (or hurt) so it's looking good for Ol' Bob!  Of course, I won't win a game after that, but it's been fun while it's lasted.

Good luck to everyone who has someone in Monday night's game, unless you winning negatively affects my ranking.

No comments: