Monday, November 28, 2011

Shushed!

I love to sing. I'm horrible at it but that doesn't stop me from crooning in the key of screech. I sing all the time - at home, in my car, in the shower. I sing so often that sometimes I forget that I'm even singing.

But yesterday while changing my son's diaper, he reminded me that not only was I singing but that I suck at it.

I was singing something ridiculous, like the "Fa la la la la" part of Deck the Halls as loudly and obnoxiously as possible, when my one year old son points at me and screams, "Nooo!!!"

I stopped singing my opera rendition of Christmas carols and looked down at him. Then, while smiling, put his finger up to his lips and shushed, "Shhhh!"

Everyone's a critic.

He's repeated this action several times now, and will now even shush Betty, so it's become a game to sing as annoying as possible so that he'll shush us.

On the bright side, I am no longer allowed to sing lullabies. So the joke's on him, because now he just gets put in bed.

Fa la la la la, little dude!

No comments: