Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Woman Mistakes Offensive Coordinator's Play For Love Note

Talia Jacobsen, a 26 year-old graduate student, was smitten upon finding Paul Hendricks, her boyfriend of three months and also the offensive coordinator for the Harry Johnson Middle School's varsity football team, writing X's and O's on a large white board in his office with a black dry-erase marker.

According to Tantrum reporters, Talia is quoted as saying, "He must be composing a beautiful love note for me!  Just look at all those X's and O's!  Wow, I bet he's going to call me into his office later and propose while I take in a beautiful poem written in his hand on the whiteboard!  I have to go call my mom!"

But upon further investigation, the Tantrum found out that Hendricks was using the typical X's and O's to denote the the 4-3 defense in order to show starting quarterback Bo Hannessy how to understand and read different defensive coverages in order to call audibles at the line of scrimmage.

"Talia?" Hendricks said.  "Yeah, she's a sweet girl.  I'm also seeing two of her best friends."

As of the time of this publication, no word has been given on whether Talia was disappointed at finding out that no love note was being written, or if Hannessy had finally mastered the art of the audible.

No comments: