Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Proof That Every Idea Has Already Been Thought Of

There's a theory that every idea that could ever be possibly thought up already has been thought up by someone else. And in an effort to do something worthwhile, I decided to test this theory by thinking up horrible puns, and then determining if someone has already created one or more web pages about them.

Because, you know, if there's no web page dedicated to it then there's no proof that anybody actually thought about it.

I tried to think up something simple, something that everyone recognizes and then add a little twist to it. So I thought of how a golf ball has dimples. I decided to draw a golf ball, magnified so you can see the dimples, and then write something under it that says, "I love your dimples!" or "Dimples are cute!"

But it's been done.

My second idea was to have a salt shaker sitting next to a battery (preferably a C or a D, since they're thicker), with the words, "A Salt and Battery" under them. But that's been done, too.

I thought of a pack of Life Savers candy being actual life guards, and saving someone's life, and then that person looking up at the Life Savers candy and saying, "Thanks, man! You're a life-saver!" And although I didn't find that exactly, I did find a website that not only has anthropomorphic pictures of Life Savers dressed as people, but also explains how and why Life Savers give off a spark when you chew them (in case you didn't know).

I know these puns are awful, but I'm determined to think up even worse puns and then search for them online. If I find any, I'll let you know. But not before I make a website about them so that everyone else knows that it's already been done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude I know what you mean. I've tried something similar, and most were thought of. One of my own creations was... Keep pursuing your goals forever and ever endeavor! But I'm sure some algorithm generated something to that extent. I'm sure others have thought of it.