Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Happy Birthday, Annie!

It seems like just the other day that my daughter Annie was born.

I remember going to work a couple of days after she was born. My mom was at the house, and Betty's mom was there, too, so I knew that both Betty and Annie were in good hands. And let's face it, with so many great people around, what was I to do? I figured I would take off a few weeks after. But leaving that first day to go back to work, I remember standing over Annie sleeping in her crib and just wondering, "What am I doing leaving her? How can I possibly go?!" It was heartbreaking to have to leave her!

She used to have to be rocked to sleep every night, and it was a multi-hours long process some nights. But I loved it! It was the only time I really got to spend with her during the week. I loved cuddling with her in my chair. She used to fit right across my belly!

Some nights I would fall asleep with her in my arms. I have to say... I really loved it!

I never imagined how much fun I would have playing dress-up with her. Even seeing her in her "duck towel" was just the cutest thing ever!

Before Annie was born, I was deathly afraid of holding a baby. I was always afraid of dropping it or hurting it. But after Annie was born, I was a natural! It was so easy! And there was never any danger of dropping her - I would never let anything bad happen to her.

I also quickly became an expert at changing diapers. You had to be quick, or at a minimum be out of the line of fire! Diaper duty became a regular blog topic.

I soon found that I not only had a daughter... but I also had a partner in crime! I learned that babies can't dress themselves so they're at your mercy. Moo-ha-ha!

After a while she developed her own personality. Thankfully she's a lot like her Mommy! She might look like me (and occasionally act like me when she throws a tantrum) but she's smart and usually pretty calm, just like Mommy. Let's hope she also have Mommy's sense of direction.

She even helped me place in a costume contest at work. I dressed up as Austin Powers and Annie was Mini-Me. (Betty was Felicity Shagwell, of course!) Oh, fine, nobody was voting for me... everyone was voting for Annie! Who can blame them?

She is my Princess Baby...

She's my little munchkin...

And just like that, she's all of a sudden FOUR!

Where has all the time gone?!?

Happy 4th birthday to my beautiful baby girl! You will always be my sweet little munchkin!

If you want to see more pictures of Annie, please check out her very own website, Anne of the Day. Her brother Peter has his own site, too, but we'll let today's day be Annie's!

No comments: