Sunday, April 01, 2012

The Last Tantrum

It's crazy to think it's been this long, but I've been writing the blog for SIX years! Not all of my posts have been worthy of being republished in the New York Times, but I've really enjoyed writing them. It's been great to hone my creative process, and even better to have friends and family to share my thoughts with.

But I'm older now, and I have different interests than I did six years ago. Back when I started this blog I didn't have kids; now I have two. I wasn't taking piano. I basically wasn't doing a lot of the stuff that I'm doing now which requires my attention. There's only so much of me to go around, and so I'm deciding to spend less and less time on the blog, as you've probably noticed.

Everything must come to an end, and so it is with this blog. I have enjoyed every minute writing it, and I hope you've enjoyed reading it. Thank you so much for all of the encouragement and support these last few years. I will keep the blog site up so my old writing can find new readers, but there won't be anything new.

It's a bittersweet day for me. I'm really proud of my writing, and the blog has filled me with a lot of joy. It's helped me to share my life, my thoughts and my family with the world. I will definitely miss it. But it's time to move on.

Thanks again for reading!

No comments: