Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cupcake Competition Update

Here's a quick update on the cupcake competition:

I'm losing. Badly. S'mores is beating my French Toast cupcakes 78 - 48. That's a cupcake beat down!

My opponent's charity is Yelp! BR. According to their website, Yelp! BR is a nonprofit animal welfare organization that is committed to ending euthanasia of healthy and treatable companion animals in the Greater Baton Rouge Area by:

1. Addressing pet overpopulation and animal suffering through education and appropriate action; and
2. To provide care to animals in need by enhancing adoption and foster rates.

They're so nice and doing such a good work that I should probably send them over a couple French Toast cupcakes.

The good people at Yelp! BR made an appearance at Sweet Wishes on Thursday. They brought their dogs and their wallets, and ate a ton of S'mores cupcakes. So now I'm really in the red.

If you've bought a cupcake, thank you! Your cupcake is a potential $1 donation to the St. Jude's Children Hospital. My cupcakes have to win in order for that to happen.

If you haven't bought a cupcake, or if you want to buy another one, I'll make you a deal.

If you send me a picture of yourself or a loved one eating a French Toast cupcake from Sweet Wishes (located here), email it to me and I'll write a blog about anything you want. ANYTHING YOU WANT. It can be about you, and about how amazing you are. Or it can be about that one time at band camp... I'm cool with that, too. You name it, I'll write it.

You can reach me on email if you have it (I won't post it online b/c the spammers will get it), or you can reach me on Facebook. I have a Twitter account that I never use, but maybe I'll check it over the new few days.

While you're there, be sure to grub up the window in front of the S'mores cupcakes.

Thanks everyone!

No comments: