Sunday, August 12, 2012

Doppelgangers

Now that you know that Mitt Romney has selected Paul Ryan to be his Vice Presidential candidate, now's as good a time as any to tell you what I've been thinking for a few weeks now:

Paul Ryan looks like Ryan from The Office.

Don't believe me? Look here!

[Which one is which?]

They even have the same name... Paul Ryan, Ryan from The Office. I should be in casting for movies.

I had also just told Betty that Lolo Jones looks like Rashida Jones but then found out that practically everybody else already thought so.

Lolo Jones, Rashida Jones
The picture above is courtesy of EOnline, assuming they let me hotlink to it.

I have an uncanny ability to spot resemblances. It all started when we determined that my dad looks like Danny DeVito.

[We call him Daddy Devito]

We call my dad "Daddy DeVito," or will now that I've just written that. Here's a true story: my two year-old son saw a clip of a movie or TV Show with Danny DeVito in it. It might have been a clip of Sesame Street or something. And he immediately pointed to the screen and shouted, "Papa!" It was cute and hilarious, but it proves that they do in fact look alike. A two year-old is incapable of lying (although not incapable of destroying a house in five minutes flat).

My mom would also want me to say that my dad looks like George Clooney. But my kids have never mistaken George Clooney for Papa, so I'm not going to post a picture of him.

So now you're thinking, "OK, Smart Guy, who do you look like if you're so good at this?"

I knew you'd ask me that. Here it is. I am Mr. Bean, Rowan Atkinson.

[My doppelganger]
[My doppelganger]

He also stutters, so we've also got that in common. And of course we look exactly alike when we both get our heads stuck in turkeys.

I'm also apparently Hugh Jackman...

[My other doppelganger]

and Jimmy Neutron.

[And my other doppelganger]

Not too shabby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad I'm not the only one who sees it!