Thursday, October 18, 2012

Garage Sale!

Betty and I are having a garage sale this weekend. It's on Saturday from 6 am to 1 pm. Please come by and buy all my stuff.

And who knows? If you buy enough stuff, you could be our Amazing Customer of the Day and make an appearance on the blog!

This is our first garage sale, and we didn't even know where to begin advertising for it. Lucky for us, we have friends and family who are expert garage salepeople.

For starters, if you have a blog (like me) then you can shamelessly promote it on your blog. That's what I'm doing, by the way. If you come by and say that you saw my blog, I'll give you a 10% discount off already low, low prices!

We also paid for a classified ad in The Advocate (Baton Rouge's daily newspaper) to appear on Friday and Saturday. In addition, we put up an ad on TheAdvocate.com. You can see our ad here because, well, it's pretty awesome. If we make $25 on our garage sale then we'll break even with what we've spent on marketing.

Is that a tax write-off?

But nobody's contacted us due to our ad on TheAdvocate.com. Instead, everyone is contacting us through Craig's List. (You can see our Craig's List ad here.)

I knew Craig's List was popular, but I had no idea it was so awesome. I mean, I knew that there were ads for prostitutes on Craig's List so I figured that it was probably a pretty frequently used site, but I wasn't expecting to sell a ton of stuff through Craig's List on a single day.

But that's exactly what we're doing. I guess what I'm saying is, by the time you read this blog it might be too late, because I'm apparently selling everything through Craig's List. Basically Craig's List is like a virtual garage sale, with occasional ads for erotic services.

Probably just writing "Craig's List", "protitutes" and "erotic services" has tripled my blog readership for the day. Hey, anyone looking for erotic services on Craig's List, I have a few old LSU shirts that may look great on you while you're having sex with whoever you found on Craig's List to have sex with. So drop by on Saturday! Don't forget to mention that you found our garage sale via my blog so you can get a discount!

No comments: